About Christian Brothers University:
CBU is committed to creating and maintaining a rigorous and enriching learning experience for our students by providing them the best instruction and support by a superior faculty and staff. CBU encourages opportunities to celebrate diversity in an environment that prepares our students to be global citizens. CBU is an attractive and safe campus environment, and it is quite possibly one of the friendliest campuses anywhere.
If you would like to contribute to these hallmarks of a CBU education, please consider applying for our faculty or staff vacancies through these current employment opportunities.
The Administrative Coordinator is a key member of the School of Business and serves in the essential roles of problem solver, office manager, and customer service leader in supporting the critically important work of coordinating School of Business programs and faculty in support of the Lasallian educational mission of Christian Brothers University.
To be successful in the role, the Administrative Coordinator must be strategic, proactive and detailed-oriented multi-tasker in performing daily responsibilities. Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Coordinator provides advanced administrative support and excellent customer services for both the office of the dean and the university. The Administrative Coordinator ensures the office's smooth daily operation and works with colleagues to improve office processes, protocols and procedures in support of that important objective.
The Administrative Coordinator acts in a highly visible manner on behalf of both the office and the university, while serving, stewarding and engaging with both internal parties (including administrators, faculty, staff and students) and external constituents (such as donors, alumni, corporate leaders, foundation officials, and community members). The Administrative Coordinator frequently deals with complex and/or confidential requests, matters and situations while providing support to the School of Business Dean and faculty as well as various University offices.
- Manage the School of Business front office, greeting and receiving visitors and guests to the Dean's office;
- Serve as initial point of contact for inquiries from diverse University constituencies with responsibility for gathering and communicating information in a timely manner;
- Manage departmental calendar, schedule internal and external meetings, coordinate meeting logistics, and take and circulate meeting minutes;
- Manage administrative communications within CBU, including interfacing with campus offices such as Academic Affairs, Academic Services, the Registrar, the Business Office, the Office of Information Technology Services, and the Center for Digital Instruction;
- Maintain paper and electronic files, collect copies of course syllabi and faculty intellectual contributions, manage the shared School of Business drive, and safeguarding the confidentiality of student records and similar sensitive items in compliance with FERPA guidelines.
- Handle administrative duties for the department, including purchasing equipment and supplies, submitting invoices and check requests, arranging for expense reimbursements, maintaining inventory of office supplies, and performing general clerical duties, such as photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing, and ensuring that computer labs and classrooms are properly stocked;
- Utilize campus information systems to generate reports for the School of Business and the Dean, build email distribution lists, track graduation audits, and retrieve and compile data for accreditation reporting purposes;.
- Work with the Office of Admissions to support enrollment management processes by coordinating student visits, scheduling faculty members for school representation at events, and maintaining consistent communication with prospective students;
- Serve as event manager for internal and external School of Business functions, working with Events Management, Aramark Food Services, Campus Police & Safety, and on- or off-campus caterers, as needed;
- Supervise and direct student workers and on-campus interns in the School of Business office;
- Assist with travel arrangements for School Dean, faculty, and guests, including filing for reimbursement of associated expenses.
- Maintain an active social media presence for the School of Business;
- As time permits, provide administrative support for the Leadership Development Institute and other School of Business Centers that may be created in the future
- Undertake and fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree or comparable work experience.
- At least two years of work experience in the following areas: project management, office administration, or other applicable field.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and attention to outcome-oriented processes, details and customer service.
- Proficiency in currently popular electronic technologies, especially communication and collaboration technologies that CBU employs for various purposes. Willingness to learn and use emerging information and communication technologies is desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships and multiple tasks with ease.
- Strong service orientation and ability to create a client friendly environment in a complex University setting.
- Should be equally capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to execute multiple simultaneous tasks with a high level of attention to detail and efficiency.
- Dedication to continual process improvement and the ability to think flexibly to implement, execute, test and improve the team's performance, processes and procedures.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and an enthusiastic, collaborative and helpful; eagerness to be a strong, enthusiastic and productive "all hands on deck" team member.
- Work requires the physical demands of seeing, touching, standing, bending, lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical exertion; frequent walking; or moderate physical exertion.
Christian Brothers University is a Catholic university in the student-centered tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. CBU fosters academic excellence in a range of programs to prepare students from all faiths and backgrounds for careers and lives informed by the Lasallian values of faith, service, and community.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
Please complete the online application and provide a cover letter, resume/CV, and the names and contact information for three references with your application.