POSITION: ADMISSIONS RECRUITER - PROFESSIONAL SERVICES SPECIALIST IV
SUMMARY: Under the coordination of the Director of University Admissions, the Admissions Recruiter is responsible for performing basic professional functions using policies, procedures, precedents and guidelines; does related work as required. The position will have a focus on monitoring prospects and establishing strong relationships with High School guidance counselors.
RESPONSIBILITIES: With a particular focus on out-of-state recruitment, the Admissions Recruiter:
- Organizes recruitment events including campus tours and information sessions. Consults with the supervisor concerning progress on assignments and how to resolve problems
- Establishes liaison and coordinates activities with other staff or organizations that relate to or impact on assigned responsibilities
- May serve on standing and adhoc committees
- Prepares clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Prepares correspondence in the course of official duties
- Maintains essential records and admissions files
- Assist the Associate Director in assessing the effectiveness of proposed publications
- Manage campus visit inquiries received from prospective students’ software platforms
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of all students who work with the Admissions Office – including general office help and University Ambassadors
- Run PeopleSoft reports on an adhoc basis
- Advise potential students on admission requirements, policies and procedures
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of hire.
- Demonstrable customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
- Demonstrate an ability to deal effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds including community leaders, as well as members of the campus community
- Proficiency with computer technology including Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, and enrollment/CRM applications.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED SKILLS: Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to self-start and self-initiate projects, while also being effective in working in a collaborative environment. Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc.). Experience using student information systems. Understanding of current issues and trends in Admissions and Enrollment Management.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in higher education, preferably in Admissions.
We offer a competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: May 10, 2021