You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 or equivalent grade level. Specialized experience is defined as experience providing support and technical advice, guidance and assistance required for the development and execution of a sound procurement program that consists of 1) developing fund estimates; 2) represents the finance department at various meetings/seminars; 3) reviews and evaluates program operations, contractor responsibility and performance; AND 4) provides contracting, acquisition and procurement of commodities to the company card expert.Desired Experience includes:
Program and Technical responsibilities:
- Supports and provides technical advice, guidance, and assistance required for the development and execution of a sound procurement program.
- Provides policy interpretation and develops definitive policy guidance for application across NDU based as well as assuring compliance with all legal and regulatory directives.
- Assures uniform application of all technical, administrative, and operating policies and procedures, coordination of all related responsibilities, and resolution of complex problems encountered in daily contracting operations.
- Develops fund estimates and justifications for the contracting operations.
- Provide guidance in analyzing data from cost and pricing information and other data submitted to support conclusions, recommendations, and findings. Develops cost estimates where appropriate.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.